Easy as Pie

Good Morning Folks,

                      I've got into the habit of planning meals ahead and a lot of the time I don't even make what is on my list. I know what your thinking, so what is the point in making the meal plan list anyway?.. Well to be honest as I said before, it's just to help get you into the habit of not only planning ahead but learn to use what you have and know what you have, so can you become more creative in the kitchen without giving yourself a headache. Knowledge is power. (wink). Easy as pie, I thought would be a great title for this post because I used leftovers combined with some cooked meat to create a new meal for the week...Shepherd's Pie. Delicious, filling and comfort food all in its glory. This simple meal didn't take long at all because a couple of ingredients were ready for me to use. I am a firm believer in using leftovers. Check it out.





******************************************************************************
Shepherd's Pie
1lb Ground Beef/Turkey
1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
2 Cloves Garlic Chopped
1/4 Cup of Chopped Bell Peppers 
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Onion Powder
1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
1/2-1 Can Tomato sauce 
Salt and Pepper to Taste
2 Can Vegetables 
Bowl of Mashed Potatoes
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar (any cheese will do)

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 Farenheit.
2. Cook ground meat in skillet on stovetop with onions until you see no more pink.
3. Drain. Add garlic, bell peppers, seasonings and sauce.
4. Cook for about 8 minutes or until bubbly.
5. Add to greased baking dish.
6. Layer Vegetable on top of meat, followed by mashed potatoes.
7. Lastly, add shredded cheese on top.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes.





While I was cooking the meat I decided corn bread would make a great side for this dish and let me just say mmm mmm mmmmmmmm. We enjoyed this quick, yet delicious meal. If you have extra mashed potatoes and don't know what to do with it, give this meal a try. You won't regret it. Always a pleasure to share my journey and love of food and cooking for my family. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below or email me. Also check out my other social media accounts and follow, like and have a great day!! 
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PlanningMeal
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/goodfamilyeating/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/planningmeal/?modal=admin_todo_tour


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram