Burger Business

Good Evening Everyone,

The other day my family and I had burgers and fries for dinner. My kids ate turkey burgers while my husband and I ate bean burgers which you can dress up the same exact way or as simple as salt and pepper. You ever get a craving for a burger and don't want to worry about all the grease the burger holds? I don't know why, but I really wanted a burger and it had to be a bean burger with goat cheese. Hey! Don't knock it till you try it!  I use to work in a burger restaurant and their bean burgers were excellent. They served their bean burger with goat cheese and it was the day my view on bean burgers changed forever. (Gazes out into abyss).. So I decided to create my own recipe for dinner and here's how it went. Hope you'll give it a try.




**************************************************************************

Bean Burgers
1 Can Black Beans
1 Can Navy Beans
1 Can Garbanzo Beans
8oz Neufchatel Cheese
1 Cup Broccoli Florets (Chopped)
2 Eggs
Tbsp Herbs de Provence
Tbsp Applewood Seasoning
Tbsp of Smoked Paprika 
Tbsp of  Mango Habanero Seasoning
Tbsp of Parsley Flakes
1/4 Cup  Brown Sugar
Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
Tsp Soy Sauce
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1 Cup of Breadcrumb
1/4 Cup Onions (optional)
2 Cloves of Chopped Garlic (optional)

Instructions
1. Combine Beans and mash with fork or potato masher.
2. Add broccoli, cheese and eggs, mix well.
3. Add seasonings, sugar and sauces, mix with a spatula until smooth.
4. Add breadcrumbs until evenly distributed.
5. Take large spoonfuls of mixture and create patties.
6. Cook on stove top for about 15 minutes on each side. Enjoy
7. Place rest of patties on parchment/wax paper and flash freeze, then place in ziplock bag for a healthy burger that's ready to cook anytime.


Here is just an overview of most of the ingredients that went into the burgers. Please don't feel the need to use all or exactly THESE ingredients. Feel free to mix it up and use what you have in your cabinet, or use just a few you see here. Either way make it your own. I believe in you.



I chose to use my pastry cutter to cut up and mash the beans together pretty well and then switched to a spatula to make for easier mixing.

Here is where I added the cheese and broccoli and began to mix away. I chose to put onions and garlic as optional because I make some without for my mother in law because of her acid reflux so I encourage you to add what you can. I soon after added the remainder ingredients and proceeded to the patty making. 


The burgers turned out great! Dinner was ready in no time. I encourage you to make these delightful bean burgers. You will enjoy! Come back soon. As always, please leave a question or comment below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thank for you stopping by. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram