Happy Valentines Day

Hello Friends,

Yes, it is Valentines Day and love is in the air. Now I'm generally not the type to usually include Valentines Day as a holiday just because I believe love should be shown throughout the year and it shouldn't cost you anything. On the other hand, my school-aged kids get excited about it because school makes it a big deal and that's fine. When I was younger this day was about celebrating the crush you had or boyfriend/girlfriend. Now it also includes friendship or love in general for the family. So with all things considered and the fact that I absolutely love to bake...(when my energy levels are active), I decided to make it a baking day. I picked up some supplies at Walmart and offered a great surprise for my kiddos. If you don't have access to a Walmart, I'm sure there's a dollar store or craft store nearby where you can pick up just one or two things and make magic happen. If not, online shopping is always fun. All righty, let's jump right into photos and recipes...








So I went with the usual Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. Absolutely divine!

I also chose to make some chocolate wafer pops for a quick grab and go for the kids so they could offer them to teachers and friends. Cupcakes are just too messy for travel.




I got the tags from Walmart. They came in a pack with the cupcake liners. I wrapped the pops with plastic wrap and tape. Pretty sweet! 

When everyone left and it was just Jason and me left behind, I know he wanted to just dig right into all the goodies. So to keep him busy and distracted so to speak, we made some cookies to add to the occasion. Check it out!







He definitely got a little carried away with the cookie cutter and sprinkle options lol, but we had fun. Also, I absolutely recommend purchasing food color markers, using icing is very messy and can get everywhere, not to mention its very sticky.







These recipes were found on Pinterest. Below are the links. I encourage you to have fun and enjoy the little things. Check out these recipes and give them a try. As always, if you have any questions or comments, please leave them below or give me a shout on twitter. Happy Valentines Day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram